Thursday, January 27, 2011

Stir up some YUM!!

So I thought I would share one of my easiest and most requested recipes just in time for the Superbowl.  For about the past 6 months, anytime I have needed a quick and delicious recipe this has been my go to.  Every time I bring it somewhere someone requests the recipe. Let me add that I am by no means a photographer much less a food photographer!

Jalapeno Popper Dip
2 - 8 oz. packages cream cheese
1 cup mayonnaise (do NOT use Miracle Whip!)
1 1/2 cups grated cheese (really any kind works I like to use cheddar)
1 - 4 oz. can chopped green chilies
1/2-1 - 4 oz. can diced jalapeno peppers, reserve small amount of juice drain the rest (my local store does not have cans of diced jalapenos, so I use 10-15 jalapeno slices and chop them and about 1 teaspoon of juice)
bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except bread crumbs.



Spread into a baking dish.  I'm pretty partial to my LeCreuset pie dish that I got as a wedding gift because it is both cute and functional!  Top with bread crumbs.


Bake for 20-25 minutes or until dip is bubbly and golden brown.
Serve with chips or whatever you choose.

I made this for a party Matt had at work during the holidays and he was calling me before I could even pull out of the parking lot because all the ladies at work wanted the recipe.  It is also a favorite with my beach trip girls. 

I am preparing for a quick little overnight trip to Dallas tomorrow with all the girls from Matt's side of the family.  A very special little girl turned 8 last week and we must celebrate American Girl style!  Emily Grace, Matt and I (and of course Belle and Buddy) hope you enjoyed your special day we have enjoyed watching you grow up over the last 8 years!  We can't wait to see where life takes you! 


Emmy and Matt after a musical at her school.
 Hopefully I will remember to take some pictures this weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment