Monday, February 9, 2009
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Since I did create this blog to share wedding details, I thought today would be a good day to start sharing. I wanted to do something different and fun when I asked my friends to be my bridesmaids. I decided to throw a "Will You be my Bridesmaid Brunch." I have one bmaid that lives in South Louisiana and the other five are from North Louisiana, so getting everyone together wasn't too hard. My bmaid from South LA came in one weekend. I broke out my grandmothers fine china and the mix matched Waterford crystal that I have collected, and my South LA bmaid and I prepared some things like stuffed breakfast bread, chocolate covered strawberries, a fruit tray, and the red velvet butterfly cupcakes pictured in the previous post. As each girl entered, I gave them an envelope that contained a cute card in our wedding colors asking them to be my bmaid. I also gave them a cute little notepad and pen that I sadly have no pictures of.
I knew the brunch would give my bmaids a chance to meet and get to know each other. A few of them already knew each other because we were all Alpha Chi Omega's at LA Tech, but others were high school friends and my little sister. After brunch we strolled on over to the Louisiana Boardwalk and to a cute Bossier store called Fairway Gift Garden to enjoy some shopping and wedding talk.
I also gave each of my flower girls and jr. bridesmaids cards just like these. All 3 sets of cards had a different saying on them. If anyone would like to know what they said just let me know.
Monday, February 2, 2009
I decided that since I took the time to fill this out for facebook that I would save a little time and make it my post for the day.
These are very random and you will see that I love to use exclamation marks!
1. I am marrying my best friend on November 7th! We have 8 (would be 9 but one is too young) children in our wedding party!! I know I am crazy for that one, but they are our nieces and nephews and we love them all!! My baby sister is my Maid of Honor!
2. Matt and I dated for 6 years before we got engaged!!
3. I hate for different foods on my plate to touch. If I could I would eat off of a divided plate everyday!
4. My dog thinks she is a human. She is a Boston Terrier and her registered name is Carrie’s Belle of the Ball. We call her Belle for short. She knows her right from her left. Sometimes I think she knows them better than I do. She is the only child I will have for a very long time!
5. I am the 4th of 6 kids, and I will NOT have that many children!!
6. I love to get snail mail! I can hear the mailman open my mailbox every day, and I love to see what surprises he has left me (unless it is a bill!)
7. I love to bake everything but cookies! I really like to make cupcakes and dream to one day open a cupcake cafe! My favorite cupcakes are red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, and if I might say so myself my recipe is the best I have ever tasted!!
Cupcakes I made for my Will You be my Bridesmaid Brunch
9. I used to love horror movies, but now I will not watch them. I take after my oldest sister (Shasta) we are both afraid to be alone at night!
8. I just recently started a blog, but I never know what to write about. Usually I just write what I did that day.
10. I like to do craft projects, but they never turn out the way I have them pictured in my head!
11. I was a clogger (as in clog dance) when I was younger. I clogged on national TV 3 times back in the day, and I also clogged at Six Flags every summer and at Silver Dollar City in Branson one summer.
12. If you are my friend and I tell you that I will call you so we can hang out, I hope you don’t hold your breath to wait for my call because then you would be dead! I never call my friends back to hang out. You should just call me and tell me the day you would like to see me and then I will show up!
13. I once broke my mom’s leg while in Mexico. I bet no one else can say that!!
14. I LOVE to travel. I don’t care where I am going or who I am with as long as it is away from North Louisiana.
15. I cannot wait for November 7th, so that I can change my last name to something that people know how to say! Herbert, He Bert, Haybear....none are correct it is said A Bear!! (Although when Matt graduated the College of Applied and Natural Sciences’ Dean said his last name wrong...how do you not say White right!?!?!)
16. Even though I have a degree, I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.
17. If you ask me where I want to go eat in the Shreveport/Bossier area I will either tell you Sushiko or Longhorn. I love steak and sushi!!
18. I love dishes (fine china, everyday china, and fun salad plates) and crystal stemware. This could be because I worked around it for over 5 years.
19. I love to turn the radio up really loud and sing in my car while driving...and I don’t care if you see me!!
20. I love to run around and play with my nieces and nephews. It makes me feel like a kid again!
21. I absolutely HATE to clean. One day I will have a maid...I can dream!
22. When I go to Mexican restaurants I order the same thing no matter what Mexican restaurant it is. I always get sour cream chicken enchiladas.
23. When I was little I pretty much lived on a farm. We had horses, chickens, a bull, a pig, and dogs.
24. I like to watch the Disney channel if nothing else is on TV. Hannah Montana, That’s So Raven, Suite Life of Zach and Cody, Suite Life on Deck, Cory in the House...I’m not ashamed!! It does help me keep up with what my nieces and nephews like.
25. My mom and I have the same birthday. I was the best birthday present she ever received!
Sunday, February 1, 2009
This morning our trip to church started out rather interesting. Everyone we passed coming out of the first church service was barefoot. This really had us wondering where everyone's shoes were going. During the service the pastor delivered a very good sermon about loving the Lord, your neighbor, and yourself. By the end of the sermon, the alter had everything from flip flops to very expensive ostrich boots on it. The pastor then told us that all of the shoes that were donated would be sent to the charity Samaritan's Feet or given to people in the community that needed nice shoes for job interviews or things like that. Did you know that 1/3 of the children in the world today are shoeless? This gives me a reason to go ahead and clean out my closet again and donate lots and lots of shoes that I don't need. I only have 2 feet I don't need 100 or even 50 shoes.
Doesn't it break your heart to see these two pictures together. To think that these poor kids have no shoes and then to see that one person has more than enough shoes to wear for a whole year without wearing the same pair twice.
This evening we had Matt's parents, sister, and niece over for a small super bowl gathering. We enjoyed some really yummy fajitas, snacks, visiting, and playing with Emily Grace.