Monday, January 28, 2013

A Bowl of Goodness

This Louisiana girl loves her seafood! Every Christmas my dad's sister Aunt Nin gives us shrimp as a Christmas gift.  She and her husband both work at a shrimp factory in South Louisiana.  Matt and I always look forward to her gift because it is a very useful and unique Christmas gift.  In honor of her gift, I thought I would share a very easy shrimp dish with you today.  Remember I am not a professional photographer and most definitely not a food photographer. 

Shrimp and Crawfish Bisque

2 lbs peeled shrimp or crawfish tails (most of the time I use shrimp only)
2 cans potato soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
8 oz. block cream cheese
1 stick butter 
1 pt. half & half
2 cans creamed corn (optional)
1 can diced tomatoes and green chilies
garlic salt, salt, pepper, and Tony's to taste 






Put all in large crockpot and cook on low for 3-4 hours.



 
Last week I made a batch of this and froze it because we will need some super quick meals while we are moving into the new house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment