Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Wedding Wednesday

Since I did create this blog to share wedding details, I thought today would be a good day to start sharing. I wanted to do something different and fun when I asked my friends to be my bridesmaids. I decided to throw a "Will You be my Bridesmaid Brunch." I have one bmaid that lives in South Louisiana and the other five are from North Louisiana, so getting everyone together wasn't too hard. My bmaid from South LA came in one weekend. I broke out my grandmothers fine china and the mix matched Waterford crystal that I have collected, and my South LA bmaid and I prepared some things like stuffed breakfast bread, chocolate covered strawberries, a fruit tray, and the red velvet butterfly cupcakes pictured in the previous post. As each girl entered, I gave them an envelope that contained a cute card in our wedding colors asking them to be my bmaid. I also gave them a cute little notepad and pen that I sadly have no pictures of.
I knew the brunch would give my bmaids a chance to meet and get to know each other. A few of them already knew each other because we were all Alpha Chi Omega's at LA Tech, but others were high school friends and my little sister. After brunch we strolled on over to the Louisiana Boardwalk and to a cute Bossier store called Fairway Gift Garden to enjoy some shopping and wedding talk.
I also gave each of my flower girls and jr. bridesmaids cards just like these. All 3 sets of cards had a different saying on them. If anyone would like to know what they said just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment